Premier Fight Club is located in an old building that has had little to no upkeep in recent years. We are located on the 4th floor where there was a boxing gym previously with a ring, mirrors, and a small amount of equipment that is either damaged due to water or too old/dirty to use. There is a number of things PFC will need to be a proficient gym to provide for the youths and community.
* The roof is in poor condition but is a lot better than when we arrived thanks to work put in by the PFC volunteers.
* Gear and Bags (Headgear, Gloves, Wraps, Protective cup, Mouthpieces’, Boxing Shoes, Jump Ropes, ETC.) The bags (heavy bags, 1 speed bag, and 1 double end) will work now but they also are in poor condition. Weight room equipment we have will work for now but is dirty and also in poor shape.
* Ring Mat, Corner Pads, and Apron. There is no apron for the ring as of now and we have been using a canvas tarp as a mat cover strapped with bungee cords. This ring was custom built in 1910, the former owners got it from a church in Monessen Pa. where they found out former heavyweight champion (and one of the best Pound for Pound fighters in history) Michael Moorer used this ring for most of his career while training in Monessen, its is also signed by him.
* There is no heating on the 4th floor when winter comes this will be an issue, there is a furnace there that is not hooked up and supposed to be in working order. PFC would like to install wood-burners for heat and and have the members chop wood like they used to do for training!!
* Cleaning supplies and upkeep ( mops and buckets, vacuums, shopvac’, lightbulbs, disinfectant, ETC)
* There is a lot of garbage on the 4th floor (that’s been building up from the early 1950’s) that we will want to dispose of to utilize all the space on the 4th floor, so we will need a dumpster to get it properly disposed of as PFC volunteers have been taking it out little by little with local garbage every week trying to make progress in this area.
* There are other things we are working on such as Shuttles, (to pick kids up who have no means to get there) advertising and getting the word out. PFC has a mission and will give 110% to see it through. With your help we can get to our destination faster!
** PLEASE GO TO THE “CONTACT US” PAGE ON THE MENU BAR IF YOU ARE WILLING TO BE A PART OF THIS MISSION OR FEEL FREE TO CALL 412-944-3013. THANK YOU
*** Email directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-944-3013